Thursday, April 27, 2006

Odwalla Soy Milk

U R either into soy milk or U R not. If U R, U know it comes in A. a room-temp shelf-stable version or B. refrigerated-carton-like-milk version. The refrig case (Version B) has basically been swallowed by the domineering completely-average Silk brand. sad cuz more choices = better. so on that basis alone, hooray for Odwalla Soy Milk from the co known for bottled smoothies & nutri-drinks. Taste-wise, it's OK. For cappuccino, it doesn't foam nearly as well as Soy Dream, the foamiest soy milk of all (and, unfortunately, one of the soy milks knocked off the shelf by Silk).

The fine print: 1. this is being touted for its dose of a fatty acid called DHA 2. 5 yrs ago, Odwalla became a subsid of coke, but was left to function independently which is prob why it’s doing so well, tho the boneheads @ coke are threatening to mess w/ success by doing some odwalla promotion this yr

13 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 12:30 PM, Anonymous m.b. said...

Where has T.G. been all week?? (P.S., I like soy milk.)

 
At April 27, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Twisted Link said...

I can't wait for Odwalla Blak, or a C-Monster/Coke energy drink.

 
At April 27, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger BK said...

I'll have to let my wife know about this -- she's a soy nut. If only soy tasted like milk, then I would be too.


tg... I see that spot is still on the wall.

 
At April 27, 2006 2:33 PM, Anonymous curious said...

I must be slow. I can hardly make sense of a word you've written. Is this blog in some foreign language that I haven't studdied?

 
At April 27, 2006 2:35 PM, Anonymous dick cheney said...

Curious:

Apparently you haven't "studdied" English, either. I think you might need to go to Gitmo for some remedial spelling.

 
At April 27, 2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous clairevoyant said...

I don't know if they have it out there in D, but here I buy 8th Continent Soy Milk. (you'll probably tell me some reason why i shouldn't now.)

I don't like Silk all that much, and yes, Soy Dream disappeared.

 
At April 27, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous clairevoyant said...

Hmmm, I wonder what a little Soy Milk with a "Hersey's Take 5" combo would taste like?

 
At April 27, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger BK said...

RE: "Hmmm, I wonder what a little Soy Milk with a "Hersey's Take 5" combo would taste like?"

There's nothing sadder than a slipping clairevoyant...

 
At April 27, 2006 4:42 PM, Anonymous clairevoyant said...

BK, must be the sunspots. Or the thinning ozone layer. Or maybe my bangs have grown over my third eye.

Whatever it is, I'll tend to my chakras tonight, and be good as new tomorrow.

 
At April 27, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous soofsayer said...

oh, i could tell you what soy milk & Take 5 tastes like!

 
At April 27, 2006 11:56 PM, Anonymous Marvo said...

Odwalla...Good. Soy milk...Good. Coke mixed with Odwalla smoothie, and soy milk...Bad, but I'd drink it for five bucks.

 
At April 28, 2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Kirk said...

Yummm. DHA from algae extract and milk from soybeans. I think I'll just have some edamame and sushi instead.

 
At April 28, 2006 9:51 AM, Blogger madpercolator said...

Every time I see the Odwalla brand, I automatically start to wonder what happened to Fresh Samantha's slightly sand-gritty smoothies, which I hain't seen but in years! I liked them, even their strnge little grit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home