Monday, February 13, 2006

Wheat Thins Chips

Wheat Thins Chips are not brand new. But they are new around here. And at NYCE, where regular Wheat Thins are regularly consumed, there’s genuine interest in the product (as opposed to the usual professorial / "reportorial" approach observed, oh my yes). So: these kinda blow. Now, if the goal is to be able to eat the same # of crackers (official serving: 9) and incur less calories, then mission accomplished. (regular WTs = 150 cals, 6 gs fat. these chippies = 130 cals and 4 gs fat. carbs: same.) But next to the regulars, these taste sawdusty & flimsy. And there’s actually more sodium (300 mgs vs 280 for regular). So: feh to these, and prob to the Ritz chips, too which george hamilton has been hawking like crazy on TV lately.

11 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Very funny links today, TG. And it's been a while since I've heard someone call a product "feh."

 
At February 13, 2006 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see how classy and gracious kirk is. none of that "i'm first" bragging.

hey, i'm second. ha ha

 
At February 13, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Tom Cruise said...

Why, of course, I'll be suing this website that purports to use me as the source of their inspiration. There is NO WAY I'm going to let these stinky peons call me a narcissist. And I'm probably going to let my lawyers have a whack at that Top Gun parody, too.

 
At February 13, 2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If Dog Breath is reading today, he needs to check out this item's "sawdusty" link.

It talks about people composting their bark... which I'm sure Paris would love he do to his.

 
At February 13, 2006 3:43 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Hey, TG...

Who the f*** you calling "classy and gracious????"

 
At February 13, 2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Twisted Dog said...

DOG KILLER, IF I ATE YOUR FERRET IT WOULD HAVE A BETTER LIFE ...

I ACTUALLY LIVE SURROUNDED BY SAWDUST. SAWDUST AND TOOLS AND NAILS AND ALL SORTS OF CRAP. IF I GO OUTSIDE TO GET AWAY FROM IT, I HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSTANT RAIN. WHAT KIND OF LIFE IS THIS? FORTUNATELY, THERE ARE MANY INTERESTING SMELLY COMPOST PILES AROUND HERE TO INVESTIGATE.

 
At February 13, 2006 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That narcissism link - is that about me?

 
At February 14, 2006 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why waste a good meal on dog is what I say. Come see the Doctor, Mr. Cruise . . . thuthuthtuthhtthh

 
At February 14, 2006 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Around here, we say "Heck."

Except for those around me, who say "DUCK!"

 
At February 14, 2006 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T.G. are you going to do a Valentine item today?

 
At February 14, 2006 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day item? Gag me with a long-stemmed rose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home