Wednesday, November 30, 2005

See’s seasonal stores

If you live on the West Coast, See’s is no big deal. (Note redundancy of yesterday’s lede & today’s.) But branches of this Cali-spawned chocotier are rare in TX (altho Rice Epicurean in Houston has 'em). Wanna read some mktg spiel? See's Famous Old Time Candies® was founded in LA in 1921 by Charles See. The sparkling clean, B&W shop was designed to resemble his mother Mary See's home kitchen. The co. is HQ’d in SF w/ a 2nd kitchen in LA, delivering fresh chocs & candies to over 200 See's shops in the West. Anyhoo, every Xmas, we get See's seasonal stores. This year, it started 11-10 and runs thru 12-24 at these area malls: VALLEY VIEW CENTER, RIDGMAR in FW, STONEBRIAR in Frisco, NORTH EAST MALL in Hurst, THE PARKS AT ARLINGTON, and COLLIN CREEK MALL in Plano, mere minutes from NYCE

12 Comments:

At November 30, 2005 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho, Ho, Ho

 
At November 30, 2005 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that looks like ms.ery!

 
At November 30, 2005 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I know you Kathy? I don't think I really look like Mary See. I am much slimmer, because I don't eat a lot of the candy and ice cream crap TG is always writing about, nor go for those high-cal beverages at Starbucks.

 
At November 30, 2005 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I know you Kathy? I don't think I really look like Mary See. I am much slimmer, because I don't eat a lot of the candy and ice cream crap TG is always writing about, nor go for those high-cal beverages at Starbucks.

 
At November 30, 2005 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to be repeating myself.

 
At November 30, 2005 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Mary See looks a lot sweeter than ms.ery sounds (not that I am acquainted with either lady).

 
At November 30, 2005 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twisted, that's very unsporting of you.

 
At November 30, 2005 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're really not at your best when you're gloating.

 
At November 30, 2005 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ms.ery, i have a new savory snack i'll be posting later this week! or maybe next week. i have an embarrassment of riches, blog-item-wise

 
At November 30, 2005 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary See looks like my departed grandmother, rest her blessed soul, a dear, sweet - oh screw that, she doesn't look like anyone I know

 
At December 01, 2005 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I know everything!

 
At December 23, 2005 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in Cal. When I turned 18 I worked in a See's Candy Store and worked myself up to manager's position. That was the best job I ever had that I can think of.
At one time a bunch of us visited the factory in San Francisco so until you see how candy is made don't make any judgements against See's Candies. They are the best and for Christmas I still get it every year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home